In the final project we deal with the royal game of chess. The data set
https://www.kaggle.com/datasnaek/chess contains over 20000 games
played on the chess platform Lichess. Download the chess data,
familiarize yourself with the data set, read it into R and solve the
1. Calculate the following metrics:
• In how many games is short, long or not castled? Consider all
nine possible combinations between white and black.
• In how many games does the ”en passant” play occur?
• Calculate the number of core conversions per game. In each case,
determine which figure the pawn was transformed into
2. Write a function that returns the remaining pieces for white and
black of any game (defined by game ID) after k moves.
3. Write a function that visualizes the game position of any game
(defined by the game ID) after k moves.
Notes and Notices:
• A turn corresponds to a turn of white and black. A move made only
by white or only by black is called a half-move.